Hey there. You might have noticed that I’ve been posting more lately–I added Fashion Fridays and started doing more bonus posts and such. And as much fun as I’ve been having doing these extra posts, my college experience isn’t going so hot right now, partially because of them.
I’m a writer. I live to write. All I ever want to do is write. But because of how much time I’ve been spending on writing lately, I’m currently on the failing side of passing in Spanish (note that it’s pass-fail), and I quite possibly just did horrible on a theatre midterm (a theatre midterm, of all things! in a non pass-fail class!), and when it comes down to it, I really need to stop focusing on fun things like this lovely little blog, and start putting all my effort into school.
I can rant and complain all I want about how, “writing is my career!,” but I chose to go to college. It wasn’t something I had to do, like going to middle school (because, let’s face it, nobody would have gone to middle school if they could’ve helped it). And because I chose to take this Spanish class (albeit, only so I can get to the classes I actually want to take), and because a whole lot of people put a whole lot of money into funding my college tuition, I need to put more effort into it. It pains me to say it, but I need to put writing to the side for a while, just ban myself from doing it, and put all my time into homework and studying. (Note that I’m also locking myself out of 99% of the internet, so let’s see how this whole cold-turkey-from-life thing goes.)
I don’t know if it’s just that I’m getting old early or something, but I cannot function on four or five hours of sleep anymore, the way I could in high school. Last night I got eight hours of sleep–which is the most I’ve had, probably, since college started–and I’m still exhausted. I need sleep. Lots of it. Which means that between that and studying more, a whole lot of stuff has got to go.
So, this is how it’s going to work:
- I’m going to be taking a hiatus from my general writing and editing activities (if I’m supposed to be editing your book, though, don’t worry; I’m not giving up that–editing your stuff is going to replace the time I usually spend writing).
- I’m going to stop spending an hour+ a day on Skype, Facebook, and Youtube.
- I’m going to stop reading for a half hour+ every night.
- Instead of watching movies and doing my nails on Saturdays while everybody else is off at football games, I’ll be studying and getting caught up on housekeeping (aka: I need to figure out where all the fruit flies are coming from in my dorm room, because they’re nasty).
- And: I’m cutting my posting down to one day a week.
From now until the end of the semester, and possibly beyond that, I’m only going to be posting on Wednesdays. I will restrain myself from bonus posts, and if there’s anything I desperately want to update you on about my life, I’ll share it during that week’s Wordy Wednesday.
I’m really sorry about this. I don’t know how many people honestly, actually read this blog, if any (I mean, I’m assuming at least a few people do, since you comment) (thank you for commenting, by the way–it gives me a happy bubbly feeling whenever you do)… but still. I enjoy posting, and I hope you enjoy reading, and I’m sorry this has to happen. But I have to take responsibility for my choices right now and focus on school.
So that’s that. You rock, I’m going to miss you, and I really am very, very sorry.
See you on Wednesday!