While yesterday wasn’t the most fun thing to ever force myself through, it was productive. I talked to mi profesora about the thesis for my Spanish essay, finished the essay, did some other homework, and, oh yeah, wrote like 2.5k on NaNoWriMo.
So while I’m still 5,000 words behind my personal goal for Wednesday, I did catch back up with NaNoWriMo’s goal for the day, and I’ve been working this week to get as much of my weekend homework out of the way as possible so that I’ll have more time to write, then.
Interested in joining me for some Word Sprints on Saturday? My goal is to write from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM, and I’d love for you to join me for part of the day. (Plus, if five people let me know they’re interested in turning the Word Sprints into a Word War, whoever wins at the end of the day gets a fun literary-themed mug from me.) (I’m setting the bottom limit at five because I know that’s quite a few to get going in a day-long Word War, and therefore if we get that many, dude, you will deserve the prize.)
Sign up for the event on Facebook here or let me know in the comments, on Twitter, etc. If we do get enough people for the Word War, at 10:05 PM eastern time on Saturday I’ll check through all your awesome word count updates to see who’s written the most throughout the day. That should give you enough time to log those last minute words and post your final count on Facebook, Twitter, or on my NaNo blog post for Saturday (more details coming the day of the event).
In other news: Earlier this week one of the super cool writers who attended WriteOnCon with me this year, Craig Schmidt, nominated me for the Sunshine Award!
Rules for the award:
- Include the award’s logo in your blog post.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10 bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
And here are my answers to the questions:
- Favorite color: Pink.
- Favorite Animal: I swear this question was invented for the sole purpose of forcing me into a mental breakdown. Some people were Disney Princess kids; I was a Disney Animal kid. But if I really must choose, I guess I’m obligated to say guinea pigs. And I will explain why in a future blog post (which means you’d better stick around, ya cool cat).
- Favorite Number: Seven. When I was about to turn eight, I kept getting confused and telling everyone that I was turning seven instead, and it’s been my favorite ever since because, you know, obviously my subconscious was trying to tell me something. (Also, my birthday is on a twenty first, which is a multiple of seven. And important things, both good and bad, in my life tend to happen on days that are multiples of seven. So I figure I might as well roll with it, right?)
- Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: I’m a big fan of smoothies, especially those of the strawberry banana sort.
- Favorite Alcoholic Drink: I don’t do that whole “alcohol” thing. Ever. No judgement against people who do, obviously, but I like feeling in control, and that’s one thing alcohol is not very good at.
- Facebook or Twitter: Facebook–it feels a lot more personal than Twitter, like I’m talking to friends instead of coworkers. (Also: I’m a novelist, so doing stuff in 140 characters is a bit of a challenge.)
- Passions: Writing and reading, obviously. I also adore theatre, and movies, and traveling, and critiquing things. (If I get to tear a good movie to shreds, it’s been a good day.)
- Prefer giving or getting presents? Giving, definitely. I always feel really awkward getting presents, but if I can give someone something that they really want or that they need, it’s an incredible feeling.
- Favorite City: New York, New York–my dream is to live there someday. 🙂 But I’m also really partial to Chicago, and most others. I’m a city person, through and through. I like the busyness.
- Favorite TV Shows: Glee‘s my number one (even though, let’s be honest, it’s gotten less and less good with every season). I also watch Once Upon a Time, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars, Agents of Shield, Sherlock, Doctor Who, and occasionally a couple others. Oh, and lots of HGTV. I used to not be a TV person at all, but then my parents made the mistake of giving in to my pleas for a Netflix account, and it’s been downhill from there.
And now I’m going to be a loser and not nominate anyone specifically, because I don’t have the time to go searching for links and all that right now (la clase de Espanol is calling). So: I NOMINATE ALL OF YOU. GO FORTH AND BE SUNSHINEY.
Hope you’re having a great day!