I’m a twenty-two-year-old part-time writer and full-time dreamer. I recently graduated from the University of Michigan, with a BA in Honors Creative Writing & Literature and Global Media Studies, and the inaugural Columbia Publishing Course UK at Exeter College, Oxford University. When I’m not writing, I’m an editorial intern at Scholastic. When I am writing, I’m a superhero (or an aspiring YA author–take your pick).
Five (Maybe) Interesting Facts About Me:
- My favorite color is pink. I used to be all specific about it and say my favorite color was “carnation pink,” but now I don’t really care, as long as it’s pink. Other colors I enjoy include red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.
- I’m a lacto-ovo vegetarian, which means that although I don’t eat meat or seafood, I do still eat eggs and dairy products. Because, let’s face it, I could never survive without cheese.
- I run the Chapter One Young Writers Conference. It would be totally cool if you checked it out.
- While at U of M, I worked part-time doing social media and manning the register for a local used bookshop. It’s one of those overflowing old stores you can get lost in, and it feels like there’s magic around every corner.
- Sometimes I like to speak in an obnoxiously fake English accent around strangers. (I once convinced a couple kids I was from Hogwarts. True story.)