The lovely Janna Kaixer over at Writing Visually nominated me to complete the Liebster Award tag again! This is such a fun one, because each person who completes it creates their own set of questions for their nominees, so it’s new every time. Thanks, Janna!
Rules of the tag:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers.
- Give those bloggers 11 questions to answer and let them know they’ve been nominated.
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. This book is just so fun and sweet and light. I’ve read it about a half a billion times now and it’s a fail-safe way of cheering me up.
- If your life was a book what would it be called?
At the moment, probably I Want a Nap: The Julia Byers Story.
- Who was your first fictional crush?
We’re going to have to go waaay back for this one, to James (the MC’s BFF) from the Animal Ark series. I don’t actually remember having a fictional crush on him back when I was reading Animal Ark in elementary school, but this is the first place my mind went.
- Traditional publishing vs self publishing – which would you choose if you had the choice? And why? Traditional publishing all the way. You get so much more built-in support (editor, copy editor, cover design, etc.) that way. It’s giving your book the best chance to succeed.
- Ebooks vs real books? Which wins?
Real books! 🙂
- Do you read picture books or graphic novels? Why/why not? A little, but not really. Picture books I mainly read for, like, nostalgia purposes. Graphic novels I rarely, RARELY read, because while I understand why people like them, my brain’s just not wired to enjoy them.
- What are your thoughts on NA (new adult) fiction?
I think it’s really awesome. I can’t wait to see how it develops, moving past this “romance only” thing we seem to have fallen into.
- What is a book you’ve read purely because of the cover?
SO MANY BOOKS. I totally judge books by their covers; it’s horrible. Most recently I picked up Of Scars and Stardust by Andrea Hannah simply because of the cover. (SO PRETTY.)
- What must a book have in it for you to fall in love with it?
Oh goodness. This really depends on the genre and what mood I’m in. But mostly I like books to be super twisty, so I never know how they’re going to end, and to have friends somehow involved in the plot, and characters that are so developed they feel like real people.
- Are there any movies/TV series out there that you think are better than the books from which they originated?
Oh, obviously. The Percy Jackson movies blow the book series out of the water. (That’s a joke. If you didn’t get that.) In reality, I can think of very few films or TV series that are totally, 100% better than their book counterparts (really, I Am Number Four‘s the only one), but there are a lot of adaptations that are supes strong that I’d say live up to the books they’re based on and might even possibly portray some parts of the stories better, like Catching Fire and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
- Where is your favourite place to read/write?
I don’t know. I haven’t had a Writing Place in a while. I kind of just write whenever and wherever, most commonly at my desk or in bed. I definitely read the most in bed. I have kind of this little nook set up in the corner with a backrest pillow and some twinkly Christmas lights, and it’s cozy as can be.
- Kira at https://kirabrighton.weebly.com
- Ariel at www.arielkalati.blogspot.com
- Hannah at www.tojourneytoward.wordpress.com
- Sarah at www.inklinedwriters.blogspot.com
- Hannah at www.hannahdotrose.wordpress.com
- You! If you want to complete this tag, consider yourself nominated. 🙂
- Favorite fictional food?
- Favorite ship? (As in, like, I-am-a-fan-of-this-bromance kind of ship. Not the Titanic.)
- What would your superhero name and power(s) be?
- You’re stranded on a deserted island with the book character of your choice. Who is it and why?
- If you had to defeat one fictional antagonist, who would you choose?
- What do you want to do when you grow up?/Do you know what you want to do?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you choose?
- Would you rather find yourself in a cliche YA love triangle or have no romantic interest at all?
- Do you find you write about one season or region more than others? If yes, why?
- Do you like to write in public or when you’re alone?
- If you could live in any fantasy world (ie, Hogwarts, Narnia, Middle-Earth, etc.), which would you choose and why?
Good luck and have fun!